We believe a strong and stable economy is essential to the workings of a democracy. In a global market, government has a role to ensure that markets are free of special interest manipulation.
- jobs-related economic stimulus programs that renew our infrastructure
- international trade based on fair trade including living wages and environmental protection oversight
- regulation of investment banks
- return to fair bankruptcy laws
- elimination of predatory lending and the re-instituting of “usury” laws
- corporations are vital to our economy and standard of living, but corporations are not people.
- business-friendly laws can be beneficial.
- substantial penalties against corporations that violate our laws
- the growth of entrepreneurship and small business by giving tax incentives to those who create jobs within our borders
- limiting corporate contributions to elections
- internet neutrality
- a diversity of media ownership because it benefits a free society
- laws requiring all major media outlets provide free and equal access to political candidates
- encouraging minority and community media ownership
- funding for public broadcasting, nonprofit, and non-commercial radio and TV
- affordable access to broadband internet in all areas
Return to Our Platform