With the resignation of SCDCC Chair, Andrew Biviano, the Spokane County Democrats will be holding a special meeting on January 20, 2018 to elect a new Chair. The meeting will be held at the Spokane Valley Event Center: 10514 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99206.
Candidates for Chair
My name is Edward Wood, and I am running for the Chair of Spokane County Democratic Central Committee.
My goals include electing Democrats/Progressives to all offices with my primary function being to raise funds to carry on the work that the party needs to fulfill the goal, of electing viable candidates.
Working with the Vice Chair, Jac Archer, in her endeavor to get a trained PCO in every precinct is essential for us to be successful.
My organizational effectiveness, , bringing people together, creating inclusive/ safe environment in the party, are goals, that my life and career experience have made me eminently qualified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently PCO IN 4445 , STATE COMMITTEE MAN FOR 4TH LD
- ENDORSEMENT CHAIR FOR SPOKANE COUNTY DEMOCRATIC CENTRAL COMMITTEE.
- Democratic Man of the Year for 2011
- Part of Maria Cantwell’s eastern Washington campaign committee in her first run for the U.S. Senate
- From CWA International Union, raised maximum donation’s for Joe Pakootas and Rich Cowan campaigns for U.S. Congress.
- Door- belled, phone banked, posted signs for all Democratic candidates.
- Assisted in fund raising for Foley Legacy Dinner, Salmon feed, and various other fund raising events.
- Past President, Executive Vice President and Executive board member of Communications Workers of American Local 7818, in Spokane Washington. Long time executive board member of Spokane Regional Labor Council.
- Loaned executive from PNB/US West Communications to United Way of Spokane County, with primary function as fund raiser.
- Current member of WISHA Advisory Committee, appointed by Governor Gary Locke, which advises the Department of Labor and Industries on safety and health issues.
- Petty Officer 2nd class in U.S Navy qualified in crypto communications.
Being a long time Democrat, and sharing the painful loss of last year’s elections cycle, made me recommit to the party, that in order for us to grow and be successful we must welcome with open arms, new ideas that the younger generation is bringing to us. With their vitality and new ideas and the seasoned experience within the party, we can be successful. Please help me in making that a reality!
Ed Wood has been involved with the Democrats and labor in Spokane as long as I can remember. He has always been a reasonable voice in our community, welcoming everyone to participate. It is far past time we had a uniting figure like Ed leading the County party! |
– Ben Stuckart, January 2018